lundi 17 janvier 2011

Eric Bogosian, PERFORATED HEART, New York, Simon & Schuster, 2009, 271 pages.

But ambition is not about seeking fame, but using fame is a tool. It's something you have to have to protect the work. It's all about the work. So it's up to me to protect my work by any means necessary.
I realized I have to force people to think of me as an interesting person. Then people will notice me, notice my work. I should have controversial girlfriends. Develop a reputation for being undependable, but in the end be brilliant. Show up late everywhere, talk about how hard I work, how I work through the night, get in fistfights, drink more booze than everybody else, do drugs in public, even narcotics, hang out with criminals, etc. This is important. It's as important as making the work. I need to get as much publicity as possible. Celebrity earns respect.
(p. 187)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire