vendredi 16 juillet 2010

Bernard Malamud, THE TENANTS, New York, Farrar, Strauss & Giroux, 1971

Think of this sacred cathedral we're in, Willie, with lilting bonging iron bell. I mean this flower-massed, rose-clustered, floating island. I guess What I mean is what about art?
Don't talk flippy. I worry about it gives me cramps in my motherfuckn liver. Don't say that dirty word.
Art is the glory and only a shmuck thinks otherwise.
Lesser, don't bug me with that Jewword. Don't work your roots on me. I know what you talking about, don't think I don't. I know you trying to seal my manhood. I don't go for that circumcise shmuck stuff. The Jews got to keep us bloods stayin weak so you can take everything for yourself. Jewgirls are the best whores and are tryin to cut the bloods down by makin us to get circumcise, and the Jewdoctors do the job because they are afraid if they don't we gon take over the whole goddamn country and wipe you out. That's what they afraid. I had a friend of mine once and he got circumcise for his Jewbitch and now he ain't no good in his sex any more, a true fag because he lost his pullin power. He is no good in a woman without his pullin power. He sit in his room afraid of his prick. None of that crap on me, Lesser, you Jewbastard, we tired of you fuckn us over.
If you're an artist you can't be a nigger, Willie.
(p. 51)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire